Parents Support, Tips and Advice
Tips and advice from parents
Cold Weather Days
- Bring warm clothes for when players who are subs or between matches.
- We have 6 year to keep him warm we purchase a Canterbury essential long sleeve top which he wears under his NFC outfit. Also grit mits, cold baselayer fabric keeps hands warm while playing and grip dots on the palm improve handling of the ball which we would recommend to any parent. Buy from Sports World Rugby
- Waterproof pants are good idea for the rainy days.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are dogs allowed on the pitches whether on a lead or not. The health and safety of our children is more important than the need to exercise your dog.
Gum Shields, Boots and Protective Gear
- Northern FC recommends that all children wear dental fitted gum shields during training sessions and matches. Margot Haigh has again very kindly volunteered to take casts and supply fitted gum shields at cost and will be at the club on Sunday am.
- Boots must be fitted with approved (kite marked) aluminium studs or moulded rubber blades
- Head guards and other items of body protection are subject to individual choice. Buy from Sports World Rugby
We are always look for volunteers, if you feel you could help in the Tuck shop, administration / fixtures, Mini Festival please contact us.
Practice Rugby at Home
My son wants to practice at home, you can buy a tag belt from Gilbert Tag Belts.
Parents watching from touchline
If you are parent watching from the touchline, please wear warm clothes, good boots (wellies or muck boots), long johns are must.
Younger Player, U6, U7 and U8
- Please help the coaches by getting your children into their tag belts, remember to put tag over their clothes. Fair play for everyone.
- Hoodies, please put the hoods inside the Hoodies for safety reasons.
- Mini Festival on colder days, please put your white rugby shirt over your hoodies, we need to look like a team.
How to find other clubs
We have full list of Names, address, website and google maps of all the clubs we play. Please click here to view the list.
RFC Good Food, Tea and Coffees
- Blyth RFC
If you go to Blyth RFC, take the children to sea front for fish and chips Coastline Fish & Chip Restaurant, Links Rd, Blyth there is also ice cream parlor.
Parents Tips and Advice
If any parents have some tips to pass onto other parents please email firstname.lastname@example.org